Manage episode 230516014 series 1925558
On "Stress [of Leadership]", we discussed:
- Nodal / Watershed Events
- Nodal Event Examples: birth, death, marriage, new job
- Watershed Event Examples: the black plague, invention of the washing machine, the holocaust
- Technical vs Adaptive Problems
- Technical Problem: issues residing in the rational realm
- Adaptive Problem: issues residing in the emotional realm (relational problems)
- 4 triangle patterns identified by John Engles!
- The identified patient and the mascot
- Identified Patient: the family member who is the point of family anxiety and is consciously or subconsciously the blame for unexplored emotional issues in the family system
- Mascot: the member of the system who's role is to absorb or dispel anxiety through comic relief
The takeaways from today:
- [Zac] Be aware of the relationship between distance and anxiety
- [Alex] Keep it factual to help prevent anxiety from accumulating
- [John] Be aware of your automatic functioning; ask yourself, "What do I tend to do and how can I be more thoughtful?"