Manage episode 238168276 series 2523347
On this episode Dave talks about electrode placement, limb leads and precordial leads. Cardiac monitoring has advanced to a point where in certain circumstances it may be appropriate to place limb leads on or near a patients torso.
Also in this episode:
- Limb leads: Lead 1,2,3 and augmented vector leads - aVR, aVL, aVF
- Take the bra off so you can properly palpate and place leads correctly.
- Where's the mid-clavicular line really located?
- Placing the precordial leads for a 12 lead interpretation example
- When conducting multiple ECGs ensure the position of your patient is consistent.
- Serial ECGs make bad clinicians good ... and good clinicians great!
Subscribe to the video version of this podcast to have access to the visuals that accompany the audio as well as additional tools and resources to help improve your understanding.
Subscribe now at CurrentECG.com
And Stay Current!