Manage episode 278967665 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 206 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I'm delighted to welcome Dr. Kathryn Klement to the podcast. In this episode Dr. Klement speaks with me about sexual narcissism, its effects on relationships, early signs and red flags and exploring sexual boundaries with your partner.
Dr. Kathryn Klement (they/them) is an Assistant Professor of Psychology of Women & Gender at Bemidji State University. Their primary teaching interests are human sexuality, gender, and research methods. Their major research interests include sexual violence, how transphobia relates to other systems of oppression, and transgender patients’ experiences in healthcare. They have also published work related to consensual BDSM (bondage/discipline, dominance/submission, and sadism/masochism), sexual consent, and sexual entitlement.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What is sexual narcissism?
- Identifying sexual narcissism in relationships
- The effect patriarchy has on this issue
- Looking at the research Dr. Klement conducted
- Early signs and red flags for sexual narcissism
- Exploring your boundaries for sex and sexuality
- Understanding your partners boundaries and creating a sexual pact
- Understanding that can’t use sex to change a person into how you want them to be
Find Dr. Kathryn Klement online
Find Dr. Moali online:
Find me on social media:
Ebook: How to Increase Your Libido – For Women
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali:
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio