Manage episode 286840834 series 2355391
Every week Gerard has many conversations with his athletes, and in these conversations are gold nuggets of information you could apply to your training.
The art of coaching is how to apply training and racing knowledge and information to real world problems and examples.
So this week on the podcast, we are looking at some of the best recent questions Gerard has been getting from his athletes, and talking through his answers to those questions.
The episode covers:
- What to do if your race is cancelled
- How to approach a change of date of your A race
- The mindset Gerard would take if his goal race had been moved
- What to do if you’re underprepared for a race
- How to potentially peak twice
- How to know if you should avoid the 1%ers
- Why we don’t ever swim then ride
- Should I listen to the advice from my Garmin
- How to overcome technology barriers
- What power should I look at in a cycling race
- What your role is in a bunch ride, and how to make it safe
- What to do after you’ve completed your goal
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.