Manage episode 294460157 series 2823263
This episode of Transmissions from Hawaii is the first in a three part mini-series that will explore the history and consequences of the 1893 overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom. In this installment we start with what inspired this mini-series: the January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. U.S. Representative Ed Case, who represents Hawaii's First Congressional District, was in Washington D.C. on that day and in this episode he discusses his experiences during and after the storming of the U.S. Capitol building.Guests & Links
- Congressman Ed Case
There is a video version of the interview of Congressman Ed Case that was used in this episode. You can find it on the Transmissions from Hawaii YouTube channel. The link to the video can be found below.
- Editing and sound design: Tony Vega
- Transcript: Milabeats.go
- Transmissions from Hawaii logo: fikrihidajat (Based on concept sketch by Tony Vega)
- Featured image: Shutterstock
- Transmissions from Hawaii on Instagram
- Transmissions from Hawaii on Facebook
- Transmissions from Hawaii on Twitter
You can download a PDF file containing the full transcripts for this episode here.