Manage episode 294608753 series 1283731
This episode was recorded live from GopherCon Europe 2021!
Natalie & Mat host three amazing devs who gave talks that showcase using Go in unusual ways: Dr. Joakim Kennedy is tracking Go in malware, Mathilde Raynal is building quantum-resistant cryptography algorithms, and Preslav Rachev is creating digital art.
We hear from our speakers how they got into Go, how they made the choice to use Go for their unusual use case, and how it compares to other languages for their specific needs.
We also chat about conference talks, submissions and public speaking - how to start, good practices, and tips they collected along the way.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Teleport – Teleport Access Plane lets you access any computing resource anywhere. Engineers and security teams can unify access to SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, web applications, and databases across all environments. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- LaunchDarkly – Ship fast. Rest easy. Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- Cockroach Labs – Scale fast, survive anything, thrive everywhere! CockroachDB is most highly evolved database on the planet. Build and scale fast with CockroachCloud (CockroachDB hosted as a service) where a team of world-class SREs maintains and manages your database infrastructure, so you can focus less on ops and more on code. Get started for free their 30-day trial or try their forever-free tier. Learn more at cockroachlabs.com/changelog.
- Joakim Kennedy – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mathilde Raynal – GitHub
- Preslav Rachev – Twitter, GitHub
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Natalie Pistunovich – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links