Manage episode 301134281 series 2900121
(1) The House Passes the John Lewis Voting Rights Act
- NPR: The House Has Passed A Bill To Restore The Voting Rights Act
- CBS News: House Passes John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act on Party Lines
- NY Times: As Democrats Renew Voting Rights Push, Offsetting Roberts Court Is Top of Mind
- CNN: Supreme Court Says Arizona Limits Don’t Violate Voting Rights Act
- Blavity: Rep. Joyce Beatty Speaks Out After Being Arrested At U.S. Capitol: “You Can’t Silence Me.”
(2) FDA Approves the Pfizer Vaccine + CDC Approves Booster Shots
- NY Times: Coronavirus in the U.S.” Latest Map and Case Count
- NY Times: Delta Steps Up Pressure On Employees to Get Vaccinated
- CNBC: CDC Director Says We Might Not Need Annual COVID Boosters After Third Shot
- FDA: FDA Approves First COVID19 Vaccine
- Rolling Stone: Floridians Turning on Ron DeSantis As COVID Deaths Hit Record High
(3) The Milk Crate Challenge & the Nursing Ministry
- Google It.
- YouTube It.
- TikTok It.
- No, seriously - we don't have any links for you.
WORD OF POD FOR THE PEOPLE OF POD
Brandon, Katie, and Sam discuss the OnlyFans porn ban, the origins of sex work, and why your favorite bible character was a sex worker - because who wouldn't want to hear three pastors discuss sexually explicit content?
NEW SEGMENT: THE FELLOWSHIP HALL / PARKING LOT
Listen through the end of this episode for a new listener feedback segment. Today's Fellowship Hall includes a listener letter from South Africa.
To request a transcript of this episode, email firstname.lastname@example.org.