Manage episode 302162599 series 2545565
Have you ever heard of Amati? In the late ’80s, Mazda took a big swing and tried to create a luxury car brand. They were emboldened by the success of the Miata. But somehow, Amati never happened, and almost 400 million dollars were wasted in the process. Today on Past Gas: how did Amati become a ghost badge haunting Mazda’s dreams? Why does Mazda refuse to discuss the failed brand? How did Mazda go from zoom zoom, to doom and gloom?
More about Show:
- Follow James on IG and Twitter @jamespumphrey.
- Follow Nolan on IG and Twitter @nolanjsykes.
- Follow Joe on IG and Twitter @joegweber.
- Follow Donut @donutmedia, and subscribe to our Youtube and Facebook channels!
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast for free wherever you're listening or using this link: http://bit.ly/PastGas.
- If you like the show, telling a friend about it would be helpful! You can text, email, Tweet, or send this link to a friend: http://bit.ly/PastGas.
Thanks to our sponsors:
- Do yourself a favor and make sure you choose Valvoline. Head over to valvoline.com/original to find the right oil for your engine.
- Check out MeUndies! To get 15% off your first order, free shipping, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee, go to: meundies.com/PASTGAS.
- Monday.com is how effective teams meet their goals. If you manage a team - Visit monday.com for your free two-week trial.
- This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp and Past Gas by Donut Media listeners get 10% off their first month at betterhelp.com/pastgas.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices