Manage episode 302438494 series 2151759
Erkeda DeRouen talks to Dr. Amita Kumar, a primary care physician, Internal Medicine Board-Certified. Her clinical practice focuses on preventive medicine with a special interest in postmenopausal symptom treatments, diabetes, hypertension, and eczema. Dr. Kumar talks about her journey to medicine and the things that should be taught in medical school.
- [00:34] Getting to Know Dr. Amita Kumar
- [04:13] Why Dr. Kumar Settled on Internal Medicine
- [06:58] The Things Dr. Kumar Believes Should Be Taught in Medical School
- [09:37] Benefits of Having Passions Outside of Medicine
- [10:24] The Big Changes Needed in Our Healthcare Systems
- [11:55] Best Piece of Advice Dr. Kumar Has Ever Received