Manage episode 308045746 series 2394211
Darryl Murphy is a syndicator and commercial broker. He has been investing since the early 1990s and has owned property in New York, Louisiana, and North Carolina. Darryl currently own 104 units in Augusta, Ga, 80 units in Vicksburg, MS, and land in Chester, Pennsylvania.
Let’s dive in to learn more about commercial real estate investing.
Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[00:01 – 05:28] Opening Segment
- Darryl talks about his background.
- How working in different fields helped Darryl in his investing journey.
- How you can learn the skills over time to develop into an investor.
[05:28 – 15:17] Commercial Real Estate
- Why Darryl wasn’t happy with the residential side of investing and how he got started with the commercial side.
- How education helped Darryl when he got started with commercial real estate.
- Darryl talks about his first commercial deal.
- The importance of focusing on one or two markets.
- Why keeping your relationship with brokers is important.
- What Darryl learned from his first commercial deal.
- The importance of getting the financials before the due diligence process.
[15:17 – 24:00] Education in Real Estate
- Darryl talks about the 104 unit and 80 unit deals he closed.
- How he managed to have a huge return in less than a year.
- Why Darryl decided to help others in their investing journey.
- Darryl talks about the commercial - multifamily mastermind he does weekly
- How people can join Darryl’s mastermind.
[24:00 – 30:11] Round of Insights
The deal he did in Tulsa.
Most Recommended Book:
Best Place to Grab a Bite in New Jersey
Number One Insight for Multifamily Investing
Narrow down your market
Join Darryl’s educational Facebook group to learn more and network.
“Don’t rush the process. Let the process do what needs to be done” - Darryl Murphy
“Set yourself up where you can get the support, get the network, get the education - if you don’t have it find someone who does” - Darryl Murphy
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING OR REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.