Inside Balsamiq: How To Resist "Feature Creep" + Better Project Management and Prioritization with Peldi Guilizzoni # 154
Manage episode 308224560 series 2807047
Peldi Guilizzoni is the Founder and CEO of Balsamiq, a fully bootstrapped company focused on wireframing UI/UX.
After studying Computer Science in Italy he moved to San Francisco, where he worked for a couple of years. Through his experience at Adobe systems as an Engineering Lead, he discovered an opportunity to develop a tool that could make everyone more productive and help them do a better job, something he describes as a “no going back technology”.
After a series of events that led to quitting his job at Adobe and focusing on his project, he decided to go back to Italy and found his successful company.
Peldi first joined us on SaaS District where he shared his full background and story on episode 18 of SaaS District.
During this interview we cover:
- 00:00 - CoffeePals.co The Best Way To Get Your Teams Talking
- 00:53 - Intro
- 02:30 - Product Management Priority Techniques
- 07:35 - The Product’s Mid Life
- 11:51 - Development Periods While Releasing a SaaS
- 14:49 - The Mistake of Having Too Many Around Features
- 19:04 - Best Practices To Avoid Feature Creep
- 23:51 - Balsamiq’s Growth Philosophy
- 27:05 - Peldi’s Favorite Hobby That Gets Him Into A Flow State
- 27:45 - Something People Usually Learn Only After It is Too Late
- 28:19 - What Motivates You to Keep Working Hard
- 29:30 - Why Do You Name Your Dog Lucy And What’s Her Favorite Meal
- 30:20 - What’s The Best Trick Lucy Has Taught You?
- 31:15 - What Business Peldi Would Start From Scratch Today
Get in Touch With Peldi
Previous Episodes With Peldi Guilizzoni
Tag Us & Follow:
More About Akeel: