Manage episode 325280198 series 2394211
10 years ago, in 2012, Reed quit his job in Australia and moved halfway across the world to chase a goal. He moved to the US without a job, no established network, and no family members for support.
With limited funds, Reed purchased his first property for $38,000 in late 2012. Since then Reed has co-founded Wildhorn Capital and controls over $650 mill worth of US commercial real estate, and he has achieved financial freedom in the process!
Reed is also the author of two best-selling books on Amazon: Investing in the US - The Ultimate Guide to US Real Estate, and 10,000 Miles to the American Dream - Our Story of Financial Freedom.
We spoke to Reed about his investing journey, his growth, how podcasting worked out for him, and what needs to be done to be successful in real estate investing.
Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[00:01 – 05:03] Opening Segment
- Reed talks about his background.
- Why he came to the US and how he got into real estate investing.
- How he built his company.
[05:03 – 17:58] $36k to $650 mill
- Reed talks about his first deal in the US.
- The benefits of investing in secondary markets.
- Learning from your first deal to be able to grow.
- He explains the steps he took and the crucial things he did to grow.
- The importance of building systems.
- How podcasting and writing a book helped with his credibility.
[17:58 – 33:57] Podcasting and Credibility
- He talks about his purpose with his podcast.
- The importance of sharing your story.
- John talks about how Reed inspired his podcast.
- Reed talks about his first syndication deal and lessons learned.
- The importance of having a good company culture.
- How you can identify a good property manager.
[33:57 – 39:02] Round of Insights
The triplex property he bought.
Most Recommended Book:
#1 Insight for Investing:
Be educated. Understand what you are going to invest your money into.
Best Place to Grab a Bite in LA:
The Great White
“If I can move halfway across the world and achieve what I’ve done in ten years, then so can the average American.” - Reed Goossens
“You make money when you buy but you lose it through bad management.” - Reed Goossens
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING OR REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.