Manage episode 328036757 series 1526602
As co-founder and managing principal of Vision & Beyond, Stas Grinberg leads with the intent of achieving success for both the company's investor-partners and the communities where Vision & Beyond operates. Prior to founding Vision & Beyond, he most recently worked for two Israeli investment firms that targeted and financed new construction opportunities in Birmingham, Alabama, Atlanta, Georgia, and Los Angeles, California. Stas and co-founder Peter Gizunterman have grown Vision & Beyond into a company with more than 2500 multifamily units and assets of $220 million in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
Stas' personal business motto is to be bold and original. We spoke to Stas about the reasons why he started investing in the US market, how to deal with contractors, and what makes the Houston market great.
Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[00:01 – 07:19] Opening Segment
- Stas talks about his background.
- He explains why he decided to invest in the US.
- How he and his partners managed to invest from a distance.
- How they decided that they needed to be in the US to be more effective with their investments.
[07:19 – 14:43] Why He Moved to the US to Manage Investments
- Stas gets into more detail about the reasons he decided to invest in the US Market.
- What makes the US market so special.
- How he decided in which market to invest in the US.
- He talks about how they managed their growth and where they are today.
[14:43 – 34:52] Dealing with Contractors
- He talks about losing $1.5 million in renovations and the hardships of managing contractors.
- Stas explains the ways to work with contractors in an efficient way.
- The importance of understanding the scope of work.
- The importance of having sub-contractors.
- He talks about the Houston market and what makes it great.
[34:52 – 41:04] Round of Insights
His last long-distance investment.
Most Recommended Book:
Best Place to Grab a Bite in Cincinnati:
You can reach out to Stas on his website to learn more.
“If you want to vouch for it with your mouth, you need to really be able to see it with your eyes.” - Stas Grinberg
“My investors are not going to pay for my professional mistakes” - Stas Grinberg
“Figure out a way to figure out what you are passionate about.” - Stas Grinberg
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING OR REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.