Manage episode 298414902 series 1816805
99 out of 100 creatives SUCK at marketing (and I'm being a bit generous here). They're either stuck in 2010 doing things that no longer work or they're completely "allergic" to marketing altogether.
You may be incredible at what you do, but if no one knows you exist, then what’s the point?
You’re actually HURTING people by not improving your marketing because now people are paying someone worse than you for an inferior service (or product).
It’s actually your duty to market yourself.
The good news is you don’t have to be one of those try-hard spammy internet marketers. You can actually market yourself just by simply helping people.
Don’t believe me?
Then listen to this week’s interview with Matt Ramsey. He’s built an incredible business using modern marketing techniques that bring his ideal clients directly to him.
The techniques he shares in this interview can be used by pretty much any freelance creative who’s willing to put in the effort.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Matt adapted to the demise of his budding marketing career
- Why experience in the advertising world can help freelance business owners
- Why some businesses should focus on SEO… And others might not need to
- How to skillfully trade services
- How you can find the right keywords for your business
- Why lead magnets are important for creative businesses
- How you can harness the power of the internet to grow your business
For full show notes, visit https://6figurecreative.com/156