Manage episode 282209116 series 1531348
This is a crosspost of an episode of the Clearer Thinking Podcast: 022: Self-Improvement and Research Ethics with Rob Wiblin.
Rob chats with Spencer Greenberg, who has been an audience favourite in episodes 11 and 39 of the 80,000 Hours Podcast, and has now created this show of his own.
Among other things they cover:
* Is trying to become a better person a good strategy for self-improvement
* Why Rob thinks many people could achieve much more by finding themselves a line manager
* Why interviews on this show are so damn long
* Is it complicated to figure out what human beings value, or actually simpler than it seems
* Why Rob thinks research ethics and institutional review boards are causing immense harm
* Where prediction markets might be failing today and how to tell
If you like this go ahead and subscribe to Spencer's show by searching for Clearer Thinking in your podcasting app.
In particular, you might want to check out Spencer's conversation with another 80,000 Hours researcher: 008: Life Experiments and Philosophical Thinking with Arden Koehler.
The 80,000 Hours Podcast is produced by Keiran Harris.