Manage episode 258475010 series 2612250
By Sam Makhoul. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Dr Jason Kaplan is a specialist cardiologist, who is a member of the Royal Australasian Collage of Physicians, The Cardiac Society Australia and New Zealand. He studied Medicine at UNSW and graduated with Honours in 1999 then completed his Internal Medicine Training at St George and Prince of Wales hospitals and Adult Cardiology training at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
This week, he joins Sam Makhoul on our podcast to discuss:
- The one blood test that tells you everything about your heart
- How choline from some food sources such as red meat damages the heart in some people
- The true impact of a plant based diet and why you cannot ignore the research
- The surprising truth about keto diets
- The truth about fish oils
- If coffee and tea good for heart health?
- How having a sense of purpose is good for you heart
- The five lifestyle changes you should be making
Make sure you subscribe to our mailing list to receive our newly released podcasts straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Short for time? See below time stamps for key talking points:
6.23 - How diet affects health and disease in human populations
9.33 - Common diet threats and principles of the longest living people
14.27 - Lifestyle factors to a longer life
17.48 - How having a sense of purpose is good for your heart
20.27- The foods that cause inflammation
34.19 - How lifestyle impacts your genetic risk
45.30 - Is dairy bad for the heart?
48.41 - Sources of plant based protein and their significants
01.03.00 – How a ketogenic diet can help with heart disease
01.12.00 - Supplements that help with heart disease