Manage episode 230656880 series 1542236
In Episode 36, Brandon and Lauren discuss the factors that contribute to the spoilage of fresh meat, and the environment you want to create in your home butchery operations to avoid it. They also cover: why sheep are "so simple" (to raise and butcher); the contribution rancidity makes to the flavor of meat; how to cure a leg of lamb; and how cooking oils vary from culture to culture. They also extend an invitation for you to join them at the Divine Mercy Lamb Roast they are hosting, on April 28th, on beautiful Vashon Island.
Episode 37 will cover lamb butchery and cookery.Introduction and Announcements:
- Help us produce four episodes a month by supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
- We have upcoming spring classes - including one in June!
- Videos on bacon mold and poultry harvesting (7-part series) now available for our members under Membership!
- Our new Facebook forum will be rolling out soon!
- Meet and connect with new people!
- Access all of our past Facebook content - now in a topically-organized, searchable format!
- Divine Mercy Lamb Roast, 2:05
- Sheep....they're so simple, 8:12
- Preventing carcass spoilage, 12:17
- Contributions of rancidity to flavor of meat, 44:16
- Curing a leg of lamb, 47.26
- The fat of ruminants -- cooking oils by culture, 47:26
- Coming Soon!
- Divine Mercy Lamb Roast: St John Vianney Catholic Parish, Vashon, WA: http://www.stjohnvianneyvashon.com/
Links for Episode 37 coming soon!