Manage episode 231586047 series 1542236
This episode is the first half of a two-part recording of Brandon's recent interview by Terrance Layhew of The Intellectual Agrarian. During the interview Brandon and Terrance discuss such issues as: the lack of first-hand experience within modern-day academia; the burden of abundance (utilizing 100% of an animal carcass); and the existence of a widespread estrangement, within our current society, from the anatomy of animals. Additionally, Brandon dispels a few "on-farm animal harvesting" myths.Introduction and Announcements:
- Help us produce four episodes a month by supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
- We have upcoming spring classes!
- Divine Mercy Lamb Roast - Sun, April 28th, St. John Vianney Catholic Church, Vashon Island. You're invited!
- Pre-show chat, 1:00
- Brandon's biographical sketch, 2:45
- Academia and the lack of first-hand knowledge, 10:38
- On-farm animal harvesting myths, 15:05
- The burden of abundance - utilizing 100% of the animal carcass in the home kitchen, 24:13
- Modern-day estrangement from the anatomy of animals, 29:11
Coming Soon!Links for Episode 38:
- The Intellectual Agrarian: https://intellectualagrarian.com/