Manage episode 259165742 series 1542236
This is Part 1 of a two-part series.
In these episodes, Brandon and Lauren respond to the unexpected and rapid changes that the Coronavirus has thrust upon families across the world, and the way that they operate on a daily basis.
As a couple that has the benefit of having both worked from home and home-educated their children for several years now, Brandon and Lauren offer their "two cents," providing encouragement and advice and reminding us that, as parents, we have always had the role of being the primary educators of our children.
They share the many benefits of implementing an ordered rhythm to your family's day -- one that provides balanced (but flexible) time for meals, chores, school work, quiet time, outdoor activity, and breaks; as well as the ability to slow down to "smell the roses" along the way.
They hope this episode will be helpful to you in this time of unique challenges and transition. You've got what it takes. You are equipped to take on this new role!Introduction and Announcements:
- To Kill a Pig Nicely is now available FREE of charge on our YouTube channel!
- Membership is open!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code: "60daytrial"
- New content available on: beef mold, SlaughterDay Fry, fenalår
- Membership forum topics now categorized for easy browsing!
- Join us for one of our upcoming spring Family Pig classes!
- Help us produce more episodes by supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
- Crisis in our lifetime, 2:27
- As a small business,
- As a homeschooling family and domestic society, 8:44
- Importance of an ordered daily rhythm, 12:55
- Seizing opportunities and staying flexible, 16:44
- Building a lot of free-time into the school day, 19:27
- Learning essential life lessons, 22:35
- Brandon's homeschooling experience; and philosophies on home education, 24:40
- Technology, 52:08
Continued in Part 2..... Coming soon!Links for Episode 53:
- Jane Austin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Austen
- Pizza Hut Book It! reading incentive program: https://www.bookitprogram.com/
- The Theban Plays by Sophocles: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Theban-Plays-Oedipus-Antigone-Classics&ref=nb_sb_noss
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=to+kill+a+mockingbird
- Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=quo+vadis+book
- Pythagoras: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagoras
- John Milton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Milton
- Captain Fantastic movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3553976/
- Mosquito Coast movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091557/
- Audible (online audio books): https://www.audible.com/
- Jim Hodges Audiobooks: https://jimhodgesaudiobooks.com/
- G.A. Henty books (historical fiction): https://www.amazon.com/G.-A.-Henty/e/B001ILIEAI