Manage episode 297508348 series 1542236
In these episodes, Brandon and Lauren discuss Natural Law, what it is, and how it is observable on the farm. In part 2, they continue to illustrate Natural Law with livestock death and how urbanization erases the weight of Natural Law upon us.
Introduction and Announcements:
- Support our podcast on Patreon! Production of each episode takes hours of work, in both filming and editing. By becoming a patron, you'll help us keep our episode quality high and allow us to continue filming. You can find us on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
- Membership -- a gift that gives all year long!
- More than 45 Harvest Films by Brandon.
- Forum topics are now categorized for easy browsing!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code: "60daytrial." Use it along with the Newsletter Special option to sign up.
- Charcuterie prayer, 1:07
- Podcast becoming more philosophical, 3.19
- Natural Law, 5:41
- Natures cues, 6:55
- Inviting guests onto the podcast, 10:40
- Membership Meatsmith education, 12:20
- Summer classes and pork shares, 14:54
- Learning Natural Law through raising livestock, 16:12
- Emotional reactions to slaughter, 20:03
- Definition of Natural Law, 25:19
- Pigs are always piggish, 33:22
- The Creator and his order, 37:31
- Natural Law vs. Naturalism, 39:24
- Raising chickens anecdotes, 44:10
- Assuming the nature of things is either perceivable or non-existent, 45:30
- The good in Natural Law, 1:51
- Metaphysical assumptions 3:03
Emotional regard, 6:53
- Mrs. Beeton anecdote about emperor Charles V, 11:05
- Observing Natural Law in every day, 14:46
- Pig Hierarchy, 17:38
- Ignoring the cues of nature, 26:14
- Death isn't part of Natural Law, 27:40
Killing is a brazen act, 28:42
- God is at the top of the hierarchy, 29:00
- Take death rightly, 32:19
- Charcuterie and French Pork Cookery by Jane Grigson https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/575014.Charcuterie_and_French_Pork_Cookery
- Joel Salatin - http://www.polyfacefarms.com/
- Pat Flynn https://www.chroniclesofstrength.com/
- Pat Flynn on The Catholic Man Show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBqK_9l7Ykk&t=1189s
- Mrs. Beeton http://www.mrsbeeton.com
- Dominican Father Edward Krasevac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isO86M5cohM
- The Thomistic Institute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjlmnqcJuO8
- Fr. Chad Ripperger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz6T-6F4yTk