Episode 69: Bonus Episode with Daniel Firth Griffith and the Robinia Institute in The Conversationalist Webinar Series.
Manage episode 307066782 series 1542236
In this Episode 69, Brandon talks with Daniel Firth Griffith of the Robinia Institute in The Conversationalist Webinar Series. The topics discussed range from descaling agriculture to Aristotle.
Introduction and Announcements:
- Support our podcast on Patreon! Production of each episode takes hours of work, in both filming and editing. By becoming a patron, you'll help us keep our episode quality high and allow us to continue filming. You can find us on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
- Membership -- a gift that gives all year long!
- More than 45 Harvest Films by Brandon.
- Forum topics are now categorized for easy browsing!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code: "60daytrial." Use it along with the Newsletter Special option to sign up.
- Our move to Oklahoma, 1:39
- Intro to The Conversationalist Webinar Series, 7:07
- Pursuing a philosophical goal, 12:09
- Regionally specific habits, 23:17
The PNW has no ham curing traditions, 25:56
- Descaling agriculture, 29:55
The high demand for butchery in every state, 38:10
Transparency of slaughter, 43:10
Links for Episode 69:
- Wendell Berry quote from Nature as Measure https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9809187-nature-as-measure
“An agriculture using nature…as its measure would approach the world in the manner of a conversationalist. It would not impose its vision and its demands upon a world that it conceives of as a stockpile of raw materials. …Now we must think of marriage.”