Manage episode 295645588 series 2134819
I chat with integrative dietitian Esther Blum about how your gut microbiome and stress affect your hormones, especially in perimenopause and menopause. Esther, an RD, chose to pursue the path of functional medicine, and explains how this differs from traditional dietetics.
- [0:45] What is an integrative dietitian?
- [3:24] How Esther came to the world of functional nutrition
- [6:12] The link between the gut microbiome and your hormones
- [12:58] Stress and your hormones
- [19:30] About functional nutrition & root causes
- [23:45] Why people struggle to change their diet