Episode 130: Margo Price, Courtney Marie Andrews, Kristian Veech, The Replacements, Roadside Graves, Doc Fell, fIREHOSE, The Loung Lizards, Merry Christmas, Dennis Ellsworth, Molly Maher, Samantha Crain
Manage episode 268569980 series 1999041
Are you ready to hear about small adventures, small pups prepping for adventures, country, blues, folk, and jazz fusion? Buckle up!
And remember that all Patreon and Ko-fi donations this month go to the Trans Justice Funding Project!
Album of the Week -- Roadside Graves (That’s Why We’re Running Away)
Roadside Graves is a formerly Brooklyn-based band that’s now in New Jersey, this album is about learning how to walk away from situations. I had a really hard time picking two songs to feature: Roadside Graves are that rare combination of sonically experimental with the lyrics to back up their chops. I love the forlorn melange of punk, roots, and indie rock.
- Margo Price -- “Twinkle Twinkle” (That’s How Rumors Get Started)
- Courtney Marie Andrews -- “If I Told” (Old Flowers)
- Kristian Veech -- “Running” (Single)
- The Replacements -- “Androgynous” (Let It Be) AND “Nobody” (All Shook Down)
- Roadside Graves -- “Dead Kids” That’s Why We’re Running Away)
- Doc Fell -- “Gotta Be” (Single)
- fIREHOSE -- “Chemical Wire” (Ragin’, Full On)
- The Lounge Lizards -- “Voice of Chunk” (Voice of Chunk)
- Merry Christmas -- “Meredith Bites the Earth” (The Night The Night Fell)
- Dennis Ellsworth -- “Made For You” (Common Senselessness)
- Molly Maher -- “Bird Song (I’ll Follow You)” (Follow)
- Samantha Crain -- “Certain Expectations” (A Small Death)