Real Punk Radio podcast Network brings you the best in Punk, Rock, Underground Music around! From Classic Oi!, Psychobilly and Hardcore to some Classic Rock n Roll and 90's indie Alt Rock greatness!! With Tons of Live DJ's that like to Talk Music From Garage Rock, to Ska.. We are True MUSIC GEEKS!
Episode 134: Zephaniah O'Hora, Jeremy & The Harlequins, Bethany Thomas, Half Gringa, Our Man in the Field, Oceanator, Jeremy Squires, Water Liars, Ozymandias Carter, Atta Boy, The Wonderful Nobodies, Have Gun Will Travel
Manage episode 270597846 series 1999041
By Rachel Cholst. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Hey! We had 1000 downloads a month! Also, Country Queer Spotlight is live now! Listen to my interview of Jaime Wyatt! Also also, I had to scratch the first artist I planned to play because I couldn’t get a hold of those mp3s after all. Hopefully the edit isn’t too weird! Album of the Week: Bethany Thomas -- BT/SHE/HER This album is a masterpiece. Thomas, who has played with Jon Langford (hence her connection to Bloodshot Records), is also a classical musician, plays jazz...pretty much everything. No matter what the song sounds like, though, Thomas absolutely RIPS on guitar. Her songs are beautiful, too, relating the life of a queer black person in the Midwest with skill and grace. The album is confident and bold and one of the best this year.
- Zephaniah O’Hora -- “Living Too Long” (Listening to the Music)
- Jeremy & the Harlequins -- “Let’s Ride” (Single)
- Bethany Thomas -- “Walls + Ceilings” (BT/SHE/HER)
- Half Gringa -- “Transitive Property” (Force to Reckon)
- Our Man in the Field -- “Thin (I Used to Be Bullet Proof)” (Single)
- Oceanator -- “A Crack in the World” (Things I Never Said)
- Jeremy Squires -- “Hummingbird” (Many Moons)
- Water Liars -- “I Want Blood” (Water Liars)
- Ozymandias Carter -- “Rebels Like Us” (The Vanishing Crowd)
- Atta Boy -- “Lucky” (Big Heart Manners)
- The Wonderful Nobodies -- “Walk That Road Alone” (A/B)
- Have Gun Will Travel -- “Melancholy Moon (Everything Dies)” (Single)