Real Punk Radio podcast Network brings you the best in Punk, Rock, Underground Music around! From Classic Oi!, Psychobilly and Hardcore to some Classic Rock n Roll and 90's indie Alt Rock greatness!! With Tons of Live DJ's that like to Talk Music From Garage Rock, to Ska.. We are True MUSIC GEEKS!
Episode 137: Daniel Romano, Tender Creature, Liz Longley, Stephen Clair, Photo Ops, Victoria Bailey, Elliott Brood, Dustbowl Daddies, Lucinda Williams, Matt Woods, Brennan Leigh, Dan Lepien, Kristopher James, Mickey Guyton, Smooth Hound Smith
Manage episode 272332288 series 1999041
By Rachel Cholst. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
L’Shanah tovah! Let’s dig deep into an extra-large episode of blues, punk, rock, pop, and country music. Why is it longer? Because I can! Also, some good news! Don’t forget to back the Rainbow Rodeo Kickstarter! Album of the Week: Daniel Romano -- How Ill Thy World Is Ordered This is a stunning album, with dense prophetic lyrics. Romano’s delivery is eerie and damning, songs that speak truth to power with Dylan-esque poetry -- but none of his vagaries. This album has genuine power, an electrifying energy that will send chills up your arms. And it’s Romano’s 10th of the year. Clearly he’s not running out of steam.
- Daniel Romano -- “A Rat Without a Tale” (How Ill Thy World Is Ordered)
- Tender Creature -- “Climbing Trees” (If Anyone Asks)
- Liz Longley -- “Finally High” (Funeral For My Past)
- Stephen Clair -- “Come Down” (The Small Hours)
- Photo Ops -- “Walking Under the Trees” (Pure at Heart)
- Victoria Bailey -- “Honky Tonk Woman” (Jesus, Red Wine, & Patsy Cline)
- Elliott Brood -- “Full of Wires” (Keeper)
- Dustbowl Daddies -- “Goodbye Great Society” (Single)
- Lucinda Williams -- “Maria” (Happy Woman Blues)
- Matt Woods -- “Take It Slow” (Mornings After)
- Brennan Leigh -- “Billy and Beau” (Prairie Love Letter)
- Dan Lepien -- “Outlaw Songs” (Single)
- Kristopher James -- “Never Had to Find Our Way” (Single)
- Mickey Guyton -- “Black Like Me” (Bridges)
- Smooth Hound Smith -- “Little Rock’n’Roll Clubs” (Single)