Real Punk Radio podcast Network brings you the best in Punk, Rock, Underground Music around! From Classic Oi!, Psychobilly and Hardcore to some Classic Rock n Roll and 90's indie Alt Rock greatness!! With Tons of Live DJ's that like to Talk Music From Garage Rock, to Ska.. We are True MUSIC GEEKS!
Episode 165: Elizabeth King, Cristina Vane, Kai Mata, Henry Conlon, Valerie June, Hope Dunbar, Scott Making Cents, Andrew Waite, al Riggs, Amina Shareef Ali, The Barker Brothers, Claire Kelly, Interview w/ Hey, King!
Manage episode 289000903 series 1999041
By Rachel Cholst. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
It’s episode 165 of Adobe & Teardrops! Thanks for sticking with me! Well, everything is coming up Rachel this week. I’ve been on spring break. I joined a fantasy baseball league. I joined a queer softball league. Opening day is in less than an hour as I record this. We might be moving into a 2-bedroom apartment in the same building. Oh yeah -- things are good. Also, an interview with Hey, King! Album of the Week: Hope Dunbar -- Sweetheartland Hope Dunbar’s Sweetheartland. This is the kind of music I’ve been looking for since I started Adobe & Teardrops. Dunbar has an awesome heartland rock sound while staying true to herself, something that, frankly, I haven’t seen many women who go for that sound really succeed at. She’s a great storyteller, which we’ll hear on “What Were You Thinking,” and can really pull out the stops with “Evacuate,” which Patreon subscribers will hear.
- Elizabeth King -- “Living in the Last Days” (Living in the Last Days) (2:46)
- Cristina Vane -- “Blueberry Hill” (Nowhere Sounds Lovely) (5:55)
- Kai Mata -- “Wine” (Single) (9:55)
- Henry Conlon -- “Lucy” (Single) (13:59)
- Valerie June -- “Stay” (The Moon and the Stars: Prescriptions for Dreamers) (19:00)
- Hope Dunbar -- “What Were You Thinking” (Sweetheartland) (22:01)
- Scott Making Cents -- “Profile Picture” (Dog EP) (25:28)
- Andrew Waite -- “Ain’t Goin’ Out Like That” (Single) (28:55)
- al Riggs -- “Ragged But Right” (I Got A Big Electric Fan To Keep Me Cool While I Sleep) (33:20)
- Amina Shareef Ali -- “Honest Song” (In The Dark (Awake Of Course)) (36:33)
- The Barker Brothers -- “Thinkin’ June” (Single) (39:41)
- Claire Kelly -- “The Restless and the Reckless” (The Scenic Route) (42:39)
- Hey, King! -- Interview and “Half Alive.” (Read the rest of the interview here.) (47:26)