Manage episode 289068609 series 2854245
The AICPA Town Hall Series provides the latest news and updates on pressing issues facing the accounting profession.
- Erik Asgeirsson, President & CEO, CPA.com
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, President & CEO, AICPA
- Mark Peterson, Executive Vice President, Advocacy, AICPA
- Lisa Simpson, CPA, CGMA, Vice President, Firm Services, AICPA
- April Walker, CPA, CGMA, Lead Manager, Tax Practice & Ethics, AICPA
- Significant Activities with Policy Makers and Regulators
- State of Lenders and PPP
- Updates & Recommendations on New Guidance
- New Tax Provisions (ERC, etc.)
- AICPA President and CEO Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, CPA.com President and CEO Erik Asgeirsson and Mark Peterson, the AICPA’s executive vice president of advocacy, discuss the need to extend the March 31 deadline for Paycheck Protection Program loan applications and also highlight issues with the May 17 limited tax deadline extension by the IRS.
- Lisa Simpson, CPA, CGMA, the AICPA’s vice president of firm services, gives the latest updates and recommendations regarding PPP.
- April Walker, CPA, CGMA, lead manager of tax practice and advocacy for the AICPA, talks about tax developments with the American Rescue Plan, the Employee Retention Credit and other topics.