Manage episode 288157433 series 2525913
Today’s show is all about speaking to your pediatrician about the different developmental stages of your child when they are between the ages of three months and one year old.
Your hosts, Jessica and Rachel, are both mothers, so they are speaking from experience, and the episode is full of their personal stories.
Rachel and Jessica want all new parents to know that decisions regarding your child’s health are entirely up to you! Don’t feel bad to ask as many questions as you need to, ask for referrals if you aren’t getting answers, and even change your pediatrician if they aren’t meeting your requirements.
All children develop at their own pace but certain milestones should be reached by a certain age, and this episode will help bring awareness to some potential red flags regarding your child’s development.
The show covers topics such as tummy time, choosing a vaccination plan for your child (and a book recommendation on this topic), primitive reflexes (and where you can get more information on these), object permanence, and so much more! If you are a new or new-ish parent, this episode will be immensely valuable to you.
Be sure to check out the show notes on our blog at Harkla.Co/Podcast.
Brought To You By Harkla
This podcast is brought to you by Harkla. Our mission at Harkla is to help those with special needs live happy and healthy lives. We accomplish this through high-quality sensory products, child development courses, and The Harkla Sensory Club.
Podcast listeners get 10% off their first order at Harkla with the discount code "sensory". Head to Harkla.co/sensory to start shopping now.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Rachel and Jessica’s personal experiences of taking their children to pediatricians.
- This episode is about helping parents find their voice and advocate for their child’s health.
- One of the signs that you may be with the wrong pediatrician.
- A simple way to keep track of the questions you want to ask your pediatrician.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals if your pediatrician doesn’t have all the answers.
- 3 month check-up questions: head shape, tummy time, vaccines, eye tracking, and more.
- 6 month check-up questions: weight gain, sounds, eye contact, sleep, solid foods, and more.
- Details about how to receive a 10% discount on your first Harkla purchase.
- 9 month developmental milestones: interest in their environment, pincer grasps, imitating sounds, and more.
- 1 year milestones: primitive reflexes, responses to foods, recognition of caregivers, imitation, object permanence, and more.
- Rachel and Jessica’s goal for the podcast for 2021!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: