Manage episode 289950259 series 2525913
Whether it's your first or fifth child, today’s guests are here to help! Every child has successes and challenges, and every family needs support, regardless of whether or not those families include members with special needs.
Tuning in, you’ll hear from Sonya Abegglen and Lynnelle King from the Family Seasons Postpartum Clinic, where they offer pre- and postnatal education, advanced lactation care, specialized bodywork, parenting resources, and – the topic of this episode – craniosacral therapy.
You’ll hear about their morning routines, how they like their eggs, and what their sensory quirks are before learning more about Family Seasons and craniosacral care, from a definition of the practice and its emotional components to whether or not it can be practiced at home and how it is different from seeing a chiropractor.
Sonya and Lynelle also share their biggest challenge and their advice for trusting your mom-gut and never giving up. Getting the word out about craniosacral therapy is important to them, so make sure to tune in today to find out more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Sonya and Lynnelle go through the 5 secret questions.
- Find out who Sonya and Lynnelle are, what they do, and the people they serve.
- The gentle practice of craniosacral therapy defined.
- The intertwined physical and emotional components of craniosacral therapy.
- What a “typical” session might look like, even though each session is unique.
- Whether or not these techniques can be practiced at home using different exercises.
- Chiropractic care versus craniosacral: the difference is in bone structure or soft tissue.
- Lynnelle performs an experiment to illustrate the difference between craniosacral and massage therapy.
- How Sonya knows that an issue has been resolved, depending on the case.
- With this kind of non-resistant therapy, paying attention to signals from the body is key.
- How payment is covered for craniosacral and when it isn’t currently billable for insurance.
- The process of getting trained in craniosacral therapy through the Upledger Institute.
- Sonya and Lynnelle reflect on their biggest challenge: getting the message out there.
- Hear Lynnelle and Sonya’s parting advice: trust your mama gut and never quit!
Be sure to check out the show notes on our blog at Harkla.Co/Podcast.
Brought To You By Harkla
This podcast is brought to you by Harkla. Our mission at Harkla is to help those with special needs live happy and healthy lives. We accomplish this through high-quality sensory products, child development courses, and The Harkla Sensory Club.
Podcast listeners get 10% off their first order at Harkla with the discount code "sensory". Head to Harkla.co/sensory to start shopping now.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: