#162 - The Vision Behind This Inclusive Sports League - 2.0 with Gabriel Moreno, Founder of Game Changers Idaho
Manage episode 297990388 series 2525913
Today we are welcoming back the very first guest we ever had on this podcast, Gabriel Moreno!
The world is suffering from a loneliness epidemic, and through Game Changers Idaho, Gabe is on a mission to remedy this by providing a sense of belonging through various sports programs. His optimism and enthusiasm are infectious and his mission “to find those who seek to spread goodness so that others may be fulfilled” is one that we can fully get behind.
Gabe explains what Game Changers is, how it is positively impacting children from a diverse range of backgrounds and abilities, and how the families in their programs give back in their own way. Enhancing the quality of life of others makes one's own life better, and Gabe and his numerous volunteers can all attest to that fact.
Since this is the All Things Sensory podcast, we also discuss how Gabe ties sensory elements into the Game Changers programs, and he even lets us in on his own sensory quirks!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The value in sitting and doing nothing.
- A brief explanation of what Gabe’s full-time job, and his side project, entail.
- How helping others also helps you.
- The loneliness epidemic, and how Game Changers Idaho is on the road to remedying it.
- Who Game Changers is aimed at.
- Beauty that lies in diversity.
- Various programs that are part of Game Changers, and the people who run them.
- “To find those who seek to spread goodness so others may be fulfilled” - the Game Changers mission statement.
- Why Gabe does not plan to expand Game Changers beyond Treasure Valley.
- Gabe shares some of the most special moments he has had with Game Changers.
- The value that Game Changers provides to parents.
- Where Gabe draws his inspiration from.
- Experiences that Gabe has had working with other adaptive sports programs, and how Game Changers differs from these.
- How the Game Changers community gives back to others.
- Where you can sign up for, or donate to, Game Changers.
Be sure to check out the show notes on our blog at Harkla.Co/Podcast.
Brought To You By Harkla
This podcast is brought to you by Harkla. Our mission at Harkla is to help those with special needs live happy and healthy lives. We accomplish this through high-quality sensory products, child development courses, & The Harkla Sensory Club.
Podcast listeners get 10% off their first order at Harkla with the discount code "sensory". Head to Harkla.co/sensory to start shopping now.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: