Manage episode 288355260 series 2293825
Guest: Mackey McNeill, CPA/PFS
Mackey McNeill, CPA/PFS, shares when and how she talks about investments with her clients in this episode of the PFP Section podcast. She walks you through her approach to her key ideas including:
- If your clients loved investments, they wouldn’t use your services.
- At the end of the planning process, refine the plan by developing the investment policy statement while the client is with you.
- Talk in plain English and repeatedly ask if anyone has questions while also keeping the conversation focused on the client.
- How her process takes more time and investment up front though saves time in the long run and creates lasting clients who refer.
Access resources related to this podcast: Note: If you’re using a podcast app that does not hyperlink to the resources, visit http://pfplanning.libsyn.com/ to access show notes with direct links.
- Part 1: the new approach to retirement planning: You are in the people business
- Part 2: the new approach to retirement planning: Setting the stage
- Part 3: the new approach to retirement planning: Gamification
- Guide to practical retirement planning
This episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice. Also, by the CPA/PFS credential program, which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community, gain access to valuable member-only benefits or learn about our PFP certificate program.
Subscribe to the PFP Podcast channel at Libsyn to find all the latest episodes or search “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on your favorite podcast app.