Manage episode 274230246 series 2452321
Keith McCafferty is the Survival and Outdoor Skills Editor of Field & Stream, an author of eight books, winner of numerous literary awards, and just an all-round likeable guy. In this episode of Anchored, we hear the story behind Keith’s impressive history with Field and Stream, as well as the inspiration behind his novels and how he maintains his enthusiasm.
Outline of This Episode
- [3:15] Keith’s hair-raising mountain lion encounter
- [8:23] Keith’s upbringing set him on to a life of literature and the outdoors
- [16:18] Does writing get better with age?
- [24:54] How Keith became the wilderness survival editor at Field and Stream
- [28:06] How did he end up in Montana?
- [37:38] Is there any money in writing novels?
- [46:25] On his encounter with a grizzly
- [51:22] What is the most useful survival skill that he knows?
- [57:44] Where to find his books
This episode is brought to you by Brownells.