JB Glossinger brings it, no other way to describe this podcast, as raw truth. If you are looking for motivation, lifestyle design ideas, and overall fun then this is the place to be. You have found the "archaeologist of life," who has studied human potential, performance, and esoteric truths for over 40 years. This is a place to learn there is a better way.
Manage episode 272030435 series 2359447
- 1:20 - Ryan introduces Sonya Bevan
- 4:00 - Sonya takes Ryan and the listeners back to where she first learned about positive reinforcement training and the journey from a career in being a physio to a behaviour consultant and dog trainer.
- 19:10 - Ryan asks how Sonya’s background in physio has helped her in her new profession.
- 20:20 - Sonya explains the assessment process she uses in her dog training and behaviour consultants.
- 24:15 - Ryan is curious if Sonya has a process for data collection and asks her for thoughts on helping people review their own processes for improving data collection.
- 28:10 - Ryan asks Sonya about her free video series.
- 29:20 - Sonya describes what she has learnt through the period of building the video library with her dog Zuri and how being courageous and sharing her mistakes has helped others train too.
- 32:00 - Ryan empathises that we often want to share our enthusiasm of positive training with others and asks Sonya how her thoughts have changed with sharing information and her enthusiasm with others.
- 36:50 - Ryan describes a situation where a client may be using an aversive tool and asks Sonya how to become an effective coach for the clients that are asking for help in those cases.
- 43:25 - Sonya describes what the year of 2020 has looked like for her through the pandemic, the change and opportunities that have arisen and explains how she has managed to overcome the feeling of being nervous and have the courage to make this podcast with Ryan.
- 50:20 - Sonya provides details of where to find out more about her work within her business Dog Charming.
- 52:10 - Ryan explain that the podcast is going be turned into 2 parts and introduces that part 2 will discuss having a dog as an amputee and the training and husbandry requirements.
- 53:10 - Sonya thanks Ryan for the opportunity to share her journey with the ATA Audience