Manage episode 292284878 series 19256
DISCUSSED: Dan is actively gaslighting Merlin, and this can be proven; please stop stealing focus; praise for Ferris Bueller in general and the knees of Sloane Peterson in particular; passing thoughts on fear, procrastination, impostor syndrome, and solving the right problem; Merlin is delighted to discover a much-improved Little Snitch; Dan has thoughts on his Ford’s weird button; in gadget updates, Dan has found some useful headphones and has thoughts on trying to use his new Google dingus; finally, just in general, try to keep your hands away from the dragon’s mouth.
Links for this episode:
- Little Snitch
As soon as you’re connected to the Internet, applications can potentially send whatever they want to wherever they want. Most often they do this to your benefit. But sometimes, like in case of tracking software, trojans or other malware, they don’t.
- How to overcome impostor syndrome.
How to overcome impostor syndrome.
- Why You Should Talk to Yourself in the Third Person
Evidence suggests that there are real benefits of talking to yourself in the third person—in your head, not out loud.
- Does Distanced Self-Talk Facilitate Emotion Regulation Across a Range of Emotionally Intense Experiences? - Ariana Orvell, Brian D. Vickers, Brittany Drake, Philippe Verduyn, Ozlem Ayduk, Jason Moser, John Jonides, Ethan Kross, 2021
Research indicates that a subtle shift in language—silently referring to oneself using one’s own name and non–first-person-singular pronouns (i.e., distanced self-talk)—promotes emotion regulation.
- Amazon.com: AFTERSHOKZ Air Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones, Slate Grey, AS650SG
- Front Door Camera Package - Google Store
- Twitterrific: Twitter Your Way
- Air – AfterShokz
Wireless Industry Leading Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones| WH-1000XM4/B | Sony US
- Vincent Adultman | BoJack Horseman Wiki | Fandom
His right hand is a broom and his left hand is a mannequin hand.