Manage episode 292284877 series 19256
DISCUSSED: Merlin has been cracking nuts, and Dan is enjoying a beverage; in Follow-Up, Dan has made great progress with his new voice assistant; Merlin has thoughts on choosing a dingus ecosystem that’s right for you; words mean things, and often you want the right “procedure word”; Merlin has some good Back to Work-adjacent media recommendations; do we really want to rebuild The Embarcadero Freeway? Really?; and, Dan has some new scholarship on the films of Stanley Kubrick.
Links for this episode:
- Opinion | That Anxiety You’re Feeling? It’s a Habit You Can Unlearn. - The New York Times
- Efficiency is the Enemy
- Unwinding Anxiety: New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind - Kindle edition by Brewer, Judson. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
- Watch YouTube TV on your Google Nest Display - Google Nest Help
- Procedure word - Wikipedia
- (7) Collative Learning - YouTube
- Embarcadero Freeway | CNU
- Old San Francisco: A Look At Before And After The Embarcadero Free Came Down | by UpOut SF | Medium
- An ode to the Embarcadero Freeway, the blight by the bay
- Amazon.com: Celery Man: Alexa Skills