Manage episode 285620896 series 2505444
Join Nicole as she discusses raising pheasants with Chris of MacFarlane Pheasants in this week’s Backyard Bounty podcast.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The nutritional needs of pheasants
- Why you should not raise pheasants with other birds
- Housing needs for pheasants
MacFarlane Pheasant is the largest pheasant farm in North America and will hatch over 2 million chicks each year. They raise 400,000 pheasants for release, 180k for food. Additionally, they raise 60k French partridge, 40k Hungarian partridge, and 20k chukar partridge.
Their chicks are sold Internationally, and mature birds are sold across the US and Canada.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
- MacFarlane Pheasants website / Facebook
- MacFarlane Pheasants shop
- *Game Bird Breeders Handbook by Allen Woodard Pran Vohra & Vern Denton
- *The Pheasants of the World: Biology and Natural History
*Denotes affiliate links
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- Find video episodes on YouTube
- Subscribe to the podcast email newsletter
- Submit a question or suggestion for the show
- Shop Backyard Bounty merchandise
- Join our text community (719) 292- 3207
- Get behind the scenes with Patreon
- Find us online @HeritageAcresMarket: Website / Facebook Page / Facebook Group / Instagram / TikTok / Twitter / Gab / Pinterest
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)