Manage episode 280591371 series 2505444
Join Nicole and Dr. Reid Redden, sheep & goat specialist with Texas A&M Agrilife extension as they chat about goat and sheep health.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The importance of good nutrition for goat and sheep health.
- How coccidia affects goats, it’s symptoms, and when to treat.
- Why a Google search of plants toxic to goats and sheep shouldn’t cause panic!
- Why internal parasites are a concern for goat and sheep health, how to treat and prevent.
Dr. Reid Redden grew up on a diversified ranch in Utopia, Texas, and attained his BS, MS, and Ph.D. related to animal science and small ruminants. Reid raises sheep, and it is his life’s work.
His work with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension allows him to offer non-biased science-based information to support goat producers.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
- American Consortium for Small Ruminant Parasite Control
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Website
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Facebook page
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Twitter
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Instagram
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Youtube
- American Sheep Industry Podcast
- Episode #057: Livestock Guardian Dogs ft Renee of Mountain Woods Farm
*Denotes affiliate links
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- Get behind the scenes on Patreon
- Shop Backyard Bounty Swag & More
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- Join our Hens & Hives Facebook Group
- Join our VIP Text Club
- Leave a question or comment on our podcast message page
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)