Manage episode 245980539 series 2505444
Join Nicole and Beau of Le Creole Farms as they discuss growing olives for olive oil in the Willamette Valley!
What You'll Learn
- Why Beau started growing olives
- Do olives grow well in the US?
- How long does it take to establish an olive orchard?
- How to care for olive trees
- Harvesting olives
- Keys to success in olive growing
Beau is a pioneer olive grower in Oregon, and a producer of premium extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). La Creole Orchards is a ten-year operation in the hills of the Willamette Valley in Oregon, currently producing small amounts of EVOO (2019 vintage forecasted to come in at about 30 gallons of EVOO, or about 50 cases/600 bottles of 200ml).
Premium EVOO is pure, super-fresh fruit juice: olives are pressed within hours of being picked (less than 24 hours), pressed without addition of heat or anything else, and our EVOO is unfiltered: some of the vintage is bottled right away (on pressing day), for a hazy appearance, while most of the vintage is allowed to gravity-filter in stainless steel containers, to become clear without filtering). Yum!
Resources & Links Mentioned
*Denotes affiliate links
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- View Our Favorites on Amazon*
- Shop HeritageAcresMarket.com
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- Join our Hens & Hives Facebook Group
- Join our VIP Text Club
- Call our podcast message line and leave a question or comment! 719-647-7754
Sign up and be the first to know about future episodes and updates!- http://bit.ly/2CMza8m
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)