Manage episode 283177428 series 2505444
How to make money homesteading is this week’s topic of conversation as we join Nicole and Joel Salatin, farmer and author of many books including the new title soon be published; Homestead Animal Happiness.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How To Make Money Homesteading even on a small acreage.
- How a solarium and rainwater catchment lower your overheads and help your homestead be more profitable.
- How to make money homesteading with the power of perseverance!
- The animals should you first add to your backyard hobby farm?
- How to use synergy in your homestead to increase your output and decrease your input
- How to use deep bedding to reduce animal odor and make fertilizer.
Joel Salatin is a self-described Christian libertarian environmentalist capitalist lunatic farmer! He is a second-generation farmer and farms full-time with this family in Virginia’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley at their aptly named Polyface Farm.
Polyface Farm is a multi-generational pastured livestock enterprise raising beef, pigs, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, sheep and also has a sawmill which adds value to their forested acres. The farm supports about 20 full-time salaries, offers educational seminars, and germinates new farmers through a formal stewardship and apprenticeship program.
Polyface farm delivers and ships to some 6,000 families, 50 restaurants, and also services on-farm customers.
Joel has written 14 books and is also the editor of The Stockman Grass Farmer magazine. He is currently working on a new book, Homestead Animal Happiness, which will be available summer 2021.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
- Polyface Farm Website
- Polyface Farm Facebook Page
- Polyface Farm Twitter
- Polyface Farm Instagram
- The Stockman Grass Farmer Magazine
- *You Can Farm: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Start & Succeed in a Farming Enterprise
- *Pastured Poultry Profit$
- *Fields of Farmers: Interning, Mentoring, Partnering, Germinating
- *Beyond Labels: A Doctor and a Farmer Conquer Food Confusion One Bite at a Time
- *Your Successful Farm Business: Production, Profit, Pleasure
- *Folks, This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World
- Polyface Intensive Discovery Seminars, July 26-27 July 30-31 Aug. 6-7 2021 Registration is handled by The Stockman Grass Farmer magazine: Tel: 601-853-7755
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)