Manage episode 284582228 series 2505444
Pastured pigs and how to raise them on the homestead are featured in this week's podcast episode with your host Nicole and Chuck from Sheraton Park Farms.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Why pastured pigs are a great addition to your homestead.
- Why you need a mentor before you start to raise your own pastured pigs.
- What you need to get started raising pigs.
- Get some great tips on getting started with raising pastured pigs.
- Are pigs really aggressive?
Chuck and his wife Saundra are first-generation farmers with over 25 years of experience in the healthcare industry as Paramedics and Registered Nursing.
Chuck and Saundra now farm 32 acres (20 owned and 12 leased) just outside the 3rd largest city in North Carolina. They love caring for the land, raising animals the right way, doing a good hard day’s work, and helping people feed their families quality food they can feel good about.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
- Sheraton Park Farms website / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube
- The Grass-fed Life Podcast
- Farrow to Finish School by J & L Green Farm
- Joel Salatin Podcast from Backyard Bounty
*Denotes affiliate links
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- Find video episodes on YouTube
- Subscribe to the podcast email newsletter
- Submit a question or suggestion for the show
- Shop Backyard Bounty merchandise
- Join our text community (719) 292- 3207
- Get behind the scenes with Patreon
- Find us online @HeritageAcresMarket: Website / Facebook Page / Facebook Group / Instagram / TikTok / Twitter / Gab / Pinterest
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)