Manage episode 251741160 series 2505444
Join Nicole and Camille from the Colorado Department of Health as they talk about the Colorado Crisis Services and how to get help with any mental health, substance use or emotional concern, either for you or someone you know.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to get help 24/7 during a mental health, substance use or emotional concern
- How to get guidance in supporting someone you know in crisis
- Why support for rural communities is important
- What are some warning signs of someone that may be suicidal?
- When do you know you should get help?
- What are some unspoken signs someone may be depressed? What should you do if someone asks for help?
- If you are struggling with suicide or depression, what should you do?
- What support/help is there?
- What if someone doesn’t have insurance?
- Can someone receive help anonymously?
- Does gardening/raising livestock (ie chickens) help with depression?
For this episode, we are joined by Camille who is the division director for Community Behavioral for the Colorado Department of Human Services, Office of Behavioral Health.
The Office of Behavioral Health funds and oversees Colorado Crisis Services. The hardest part about getting help for a mental health, substance use or emotional concern is knowing where to start—especially when an issue reaches the point of crisis.
Whether it’s for you, or someone you know, Colorado Crisis Services provides immediate and confidential help, 24/7/365. Just call 844-493-TALK (8255), or text TALK to 38255, and you’ll speak with a trained counselor who will provide support and connect you to further resources. For more information, or to find a crisis services walk-in center nearest you, visit ColoradoCrisisServices.org.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
- Colorado Crisis Support Website
- Colorado Crisis Support Instagram
- Colorado Crisis Support Facebook
- Colorado Crisis Support Twitter
- Crisis Data Dashboard
- Email us! Ask@HeritageAcresMarket.com
*Denotes affiliate links
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- View Our Favorites on Amazon*
- Shop HeritageAcresMarket.com
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- Join our Hens & Hives Facebook Group
- Join our VIP Text Club
- Call our podcast message line and leave a question or comment! 719-647-7754
Sign up and be the first to know about future episodes and updates!- http://bit.ly/2CMza8m
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)