Manage episode 268326321 series 2505444
Join Nicole and Julie of Old Truck Flower Farm as they discuss how to start your own backyard flower farm!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to start a flower farm
- How to chose which flowers to grow
- How to market and sell flowers
Julie loves being creative, making things with her hands & getting them dirty. Her husband is her biggest supporter and is all about giving her help when a creative endeavor is pursued! Julie likes trying new skills and encourages others to not be afraid to just try something and see where it goes.
Old Truck Flower Farm is definitely a small scale farm compared to some, but you can grow A LOT of flowers in a small area, you squeeze in more than you ever dreamed! The farm is about 2.5 acres of land and is named after the old white ’64 Ford Pick-up Truck the family has had for about 10 years.
This summer Julie will be running the “2020: The Summer of Creativity” theme and Old Truck Farm will be offering a variety of classes from June through September to be held in their flower field. There will also be a farm to table dinner once a month with different menu’s and themes.
Julie and her husband enjoy the experiences they have on their farm as much as growing the flowers, and they would like to invite you to be a part of those experiences.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
- Old Truck Flower Farm Website
- Old Truck Flower Farm Instagram Page
- Slow Flowers Podcast
- Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers
- Floret Flower Farm
- Lisa Ziegler – The Gardens Workshop
*Denotes affiliate links
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- View Our Favorites on Amazon*
- Shop HeritageAcresMarket.com
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- Join our Hens & Hives Facebook Group
- Join our VIP Text Club
- Leave a question or comment on our podcast message page!
Sign up and be the first to know about future episodes and updates!- http://bit.ly/2CMza8m
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)