Manage episode 266468026 series 2505444
Join Nicole and Mark of of Bee Squad as they talk about Bee Squad, varroa mite treatment options and the mite check program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What is bee squad
- How the Honeybee Health Coalition works
- What are the Varroa Mite treatment options
- Mite Check Program
Mark Dykes is the extension and Bee Squad coordinator for the vanEngelsdorp Bee Lab. Previous to his position at the University of Maryland, Mark was the Chief Inspector for the Texas Apiary Inspection Service (TAIS). During his tenure at TAIS Mark helped to create the Texas Master Beekeeper Program and the Texas State Honey Bee Diagnostic Lab. Mark was also a supervisor with the Florida Department of Agriculture's Apiary Inspection Service and the apiary manager for Dr. Jamie Ellis' honey bee lab at the University of Florida. Mark has a degree in natural resource conservation from the University of Florida and is a veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
- Bee Squad Website
- Bee Squad Facebook
- Bee Squad Twitter
- Email us! Ask@HeritageAcresMarket.com
Your support helps us continue to provide the best possible episodes!
- View Our Favorites on Amazon*
- Shop HeritageAcresMarket.com
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- Join our Hens & Hives Facebook Group
- Join our VIP Text Club
- Leave a question or comment on our podcast message page!
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/heritageacres)