Manage episode 295333852 series 2411746
As I said last month, with any luck, one day soon, you'll see a Beer O'Clock post that isn't just a new podcast episode... Lots of stuff is going on behind the scenes, 5 or 6 posts are nearing completion, which will hopefully turn into a rush of posts in the not too distant future. Hopefully you enjoy the episode!
If this is your first time listening to a Beer O'Clock Australia podcast, welcome! We change the segments up a little each month, however most months we'll discuss some of the latest news from the beer world, we'll talk about some beers that we've been enjoying over the last month & we'll crack something interesting from my cellar, although recent restrictions are making this difficult...
This episode is more timely than some of our recent efforts. There is a mountain of news to get through, due to the length of time between recording our news segments. We discuss our various Good Beer Week shenanigans as well as some of the beers we've enjoyed recently & add the national beer of Serbia to our Ranking of Lagers.
- Back in lockdown here in Melbourne
- Year of the Local is kicking back off in June!
- Check out the interview with Annelies from Madocke if you haven't already!
- Coopers caved to our relentless pressure! Stout is in CANS!
- Good Beer Week returns triumphantly!
- COVID scare at The Palace between GABS Sessions
- Beer Thread & Boatrocker follow CBC in Facebook Oblivion
- Beer Thread is Dead is the revival page. (Link)
- Sexism Issues in the brewing industry exposed by Brienne Allan
- AIBA Winners
- Check out all the winners here.
- Changes to Excise Tax for craft brewers
- Endeavour Brewing disasters behind the scenes
- Young Henry's crowdfunding for solar panels
- Is this the end of Broo?
- 2021 HPA Hop Report (link)
- FSANZ want Nutritional Labelling on beer packaging
- Brick Lane announce huge expansion plans
- Darker Days is Back!
- Brewery Closures
- 7 Cent finally announce the end
- Brewery Openings
- Ramblers Ale Works opening any day!
- Deeds are opening July 1st
- Good Land Brewing in Traralgon also opening later this month
- Alice Springs more than doubling capacity
- Grimbergen opening onsite for the first time since the French Revolution
- Huge Sailors Grave plans for far Eastern Victoria
- Tasting Paddle (46:27)
- Stuart Irvine steps down as Lion CEO
- Cryer Malt distribution centre opening in Derrimut
- Joe White re-opening their Canvan Malting Facility
- Asahi Super Dry announced as Official Beer of the 2023 Rugby World Cup
- Bright team up with the RSPCA for Doggobrau
What We're Drinking (48:31)
- Good Beer Week Wrap Up
- Pint of Origin Crawl
- The Lincoln (TAS), The Catfish (NZ), Belle's Hot Chicken (Spicy Wings), The Rainbow (Sydney), Beermash (Scandinavia), The Park (QLD), The Cherry Tree (Regional VIC), The Local Taphouse (UK)
- Stomping Ground Into The Wood, Moon Dog X Chin Chin, Fixation You Need Vegies @ Green Mans Arms, Beer vs Pig
- One Drop New Zealand Pilsner
- Saison Dupont Original & Cuvee Dry Hopping Styrian Wolf
- Fixation 30666
- 3 Ravens X Pink Boots Freya
- De Struisse Cuvee Delphine
- Trillium Daily Serving Cans
- Garage Project XO33
- Garage Project Fugazi
Ranking of Lagers (1:08:19)
- As we're in lockdown we're only doing one this month
- This month we add Lav from Serbia.
- The new rankings are as follows:
- Pilsner Urquell (Czech Republic)
- Tennent’s (Scotland)
- Carlsberg (Denmark)
- Quilmes (Argentina)
- Kingfisher (India)
- Gullmack (Norway)
- Lvivske (Ukraine)
- Sapporo (Japan)
- Taiwan Beer (Taiwan)
- Birra Moretti (Italy)
- Nektar (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
- Corona (Mexico)
- Steinlager (New Zealand)
- Windhoek (Namibia)
- Heineken (Netherlands)
- Lion (Sri Lanka)
- Cisk (Malta)
- San Miguel (Philippines)
- Snow (China – Internal)
- Cantina (El Salvador)
- Lasko (Slovenia)
- 333 (Vietnam)
- Stella Artois (Belgium)
- Tusker (Kenya)
- Budweiser (USA)
- Skopsko (North Macedonia)
- Zywiec (Poland)
- Mythos (Greece)
- Tiger (Singapore)
- Karlovacko (Croatia)
- Singha (Thailand)
- Red Stripe (Jamaica)
- Bintang (Indonesia)
- Lav (Serbia)
- Vonu (Fiji)
- Cusquena (Peru)
- Pabst Blue Ribbon (Contract)
Thanks again for listening guys. Please like, subscribe, review us on your podcast platform of choice - everything helps more people find the show. As usual; questions, comments, suggestions or general statements to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com & we'll be back later this month!