Manage episode 277031937 series 2460302
In what ways did the Atlantic World contribute to the American Revolution?
Empire, slavery, and constant warfare interacted with each other in the Atlantic World. Which brings us to our question: In what ways did the Atlantic World and its issues contribute to the American Revolution?
Tyson Reeder, an editor of the Papers of James Madison and an affiliated assistant professor at the University of Virginia, is a scholar of the Atlantic World, who will help us see how smuggling and trade in the Luso-Atlantic, or Portuguese-Atlantic, World contributed to the development and spread of ideas about free trade and republicanism.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/288 Join Ben Franklin's World!
- Episode 090: Caitlin Fitz, Age of American Revolutions
- Episode 099: Mark Hanna, Pirates & Pirate Nests in the British Atlantic World
- Episode 121: Wim Klooster, The Dutch Moment in the 17th-Century Atlantic World
- Episode 161: Smuggling in the American Revolution
- Episode 229: Patrick Griffin, The Townshend Moment
- Episode 254: Jeffrey Sklansky, The Money Question in Early America
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App