Manage episode 316578221 series 2460302
One of the Caribbean islands that Christopher Columbus stopped at during his 1492-voyage was an alligator-shaped island that sits at the mouth of the Gulf of Mexico in between the Yucatán and Florida peninsulas. This is, of course, is the island of Cuba.
What do we know about early Cuba, the island the Spanish described as the “Key to the Indies?” What kind of relationship and exchange did early Cuba have with British North America and the early United States?
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/048 Join Ben Franklin's World!
- Episode 090: Caitlin Fitz, Age of American Revolutions
- Episode 104: Andrew Lipman, The Saltwater Frontier
- Episode 139: Andrés Reséndez, The Other Slavery
- Episode 161: Smuggling and the American Revolution
- Episode 165: The Age of Revolutions
- Episode 290: The World of the Wampanoag, Part 1
- Episode 291: The World of the Wampanoag, Part 2
- Episode 313: Mike Duncan, The Marquis de Lafayette
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App