Manage episode 307703124 series 2515624
Have you ever figured out halfway through a conversation that you and another person were on totally different pages? Reading the Bible can feel like this at times. We’re all products of our cultures, families, and environments, and it affects how we understand others. In this episode, Tim, Jon, and Carissa prepare us for a cross-cultural conversation with the Bible by discussing the cultural values of the biblical authors.
- Part one (00:00-13:20)
- Part two (13:20-25:30)
- Part three (25:30-41:15)
- Part four (41:15-48:00)
- Part five (48:00-59:45)
- Part six (59:45-1:10:33)
- The Biblical Cosmos: A Pilgrim's Guide to the Weird and Wonderful World of the Bible, Robin A. Parry
- Apostle of the Crucified Lord: A Theological Introduction to Paul and His Letters, Michael J. Gorman
- Paul and the Gift, John M.G. Barclay
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “Scream” by Moby
- “Euk’s First Race” by David Gummel
- “Where Peace and Rest Are Found” by Greyflood
- “Mood” by Lemmino
- “A New Year” by Scott Buckley
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel, Zach McKinley, and Frank Garza. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.