Manage episode 286093574 series 2479334
What do you want out of life? What do you want to accomplish in the next 3-5 years? When asked this question, most entrepreneurs give a pretty simplistic answer. Something like “Oh, we’ll get more clients by this time next year” or “I’ll buy two more houses and then I’ll be happy”. How often do we sit down and paint a picture of what we want our life to look like? Today we’re discussing Vivid Visions with their creator Cameron Herold.
Cameron is a veteran in the business world, he likes to say that he was “groomed” by his entrepreneurial grandparents and father to become a success story. By the time Cameron was 21, he had a full-on business that had 12 employees, and at 22 he bought his first rental property. He later became a franchisee for College Pro Painters and was so successful that he went on to coach new franchisees.
He’s partnered with hundred-million dollar companies, grown and sold businesses for millions, coached the CEO of Sprint, a monarchy in the middle east, has written 5 books, and runs the Second in Command Podcast, where he talks to successful COOs. Cameron is someone who clearly has accomplished a lot and has a TON of wisdom to share.
Cameron has serious knowledge on business management and talks about the importance of the CEO and COO relationship. Cameron describes how a COO needs to be a partner to the entrepreneur (the CEO) and operate as the ying to the CEO’s yang. If you’ve heard the terms “the visionary and the innovator” from books like Traction, this is exactly what Cameron is talking about.
If you’ve been wondering where the idea of a “plan” or “vision” comes into play, Brandon, David, and Cameron all discuss their “Vivid Visions” and how it’s led them to success in their life. Cameron coined the term “Vivid Vision” because most entrepreneurs were simply writing down a 1-2 sentence mission statement instead of creating a vision of what they wanted their company and future to look like. This vision not only helps you build a life you want by design, it also entices great executives, employees, and partners to join you on your path to that clear and decisive “Vivid Vision”.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Brandon found out about the “Vivid Vision” and how it has changed his worldview since creating one
- Why Cameron decided to coach COOs as opposed to CEOs
- The importance of having a COO or 2nd in command that you trust and believe in
- Why your job postings should scare those who aren’t ready to take risks and grow
- Why entrepreneurs have such a hard time when letting go
- How to create your “Vivid Vision” in 7 steps
- What a great “Vivid Vision” looks like, what it includes, and how to structure it
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- BiggerPockets book store
- Brandon's Instagram
- David's Instagram
- BiggerPockets Business Podcast 39: Creating Your Vision and Achieving Massive Success with Cameron Herold
- BiggerPockets Podcast 230: Real Estate Investing as a Side Hustle with Grammy-Winning Producer Seth Mosley
- Brandon's Vivid Vision (photo)
- Second-In-Command Podcast
- Vivid Vision Website
Click here to check the full show notes: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show447