Manage episode 271059353 series 83575
When Tarl Yarber last appeared on the show (#189), we got a behind-the-scenes look at his monster house flipping business.
He was doing a lot of volume, but here's the catch: he was stressed out and unhappy. Plus... with zero rentals to his name, he had to keep spinning the hamster wheel – "feeding the machine" – to make any money.
Today's show is about a big mindset shift, and the systems and teams Tarl put in place to create a business that truly serves him, rather than the way around... and allows he and his wife to travel 200 days a year while working on his business rather than in it.
We cover a lot of topics here, from high-level success principles to the specific real estate investing actions you can take – today – to adopt a more intentional and focused approach to building longterm wealth.
Lastly – Tarl's an exceptional networker, and the guys discuss the importance of meeting up with other rockstar investors even if the pandemic is preventing you from doing it in person.
So... how do you do that?
Well, Tarl's hosting a virtual conference September 18-19, and he's offering a 50% discount to BiggerPockets Pro members (check your email). This isn't a series of webinars, either... You'll be able to actually meet up with other attendees through online breakout groups, so it solves for the biggest challenge most investors are facing right now.
Follow this link to http://virtualwealthexpobp.com/ to snag your ticket today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- The many advantages of the Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat (BRRRR) Strategy
- Creating multiple exit strategies when BRRRR'ing
- Why sketchy tax deductions can hurt your longterm wealth
- Designing your real estate investing strategy to fit your desired lifestyle
- How Tarl and his wife mapped out their vision on butcher paper
- Making a "To Do" List and a "To Don't" List
- Why businesses need to be able to "scale down" in times like these
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- BiggerPockets Business
- BiggerPockets Bookstore
- BiggerPockets Podcast 365: Ret. Navy SEAL Jocko Willink on Embracing Discomfort and Leading Through Extreme Ownership (+ His Real Estate Investing Tips!)
- Virtual Wealth Expo
- BiggerPockets Podcast 189: 500 Deals, the $100,000 Wholesale Paycheck, & the Systems That Make it Work with Tarl Yarber
- BiggerPockets Podcast 395: From Car Valet to $100k/Month… Seriously! with Thach Nguyen
- The Notebook
Check the full show notes here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show398