Manage episode 274704654 series 83575
Today's a special episode featuring the author of a book we can't get enough of: Bluefishing: The Art of Making Things Happen by the man, the myth, the legend - Steve Sims.
Who is Steve, anyway? Well, he's a former bricklayer and bouncer-turned-entrepreneur who uses a unique mindset and blend of skills to creates once-in-a-lifetime experiences for billionaire clients.
Experiences like: getting married by the Pope in the Vatican, having a private dinner at the feet of Michaelangelo's David statue, or going on an underwater tour of the Titanic shipwreck.
And here's the thing: as you'll hear in this episode, Steve's not a silver-spoon, high society type. He's just a regular guy who chooses to think and act differently, consistently. And after this episode, you'll be able to "Bluefish" your way into more relationships, more private money, and ultimately more deals!
We talk about "leading with value" when approaching mentors... blah blah blah. Today, you'll hear a refreshing new twiston that concept, and learn actual tactics you can put into practice to make more connections and level up your life today.
One final note: Steve uses some colorful language in this episode; please take note of the "Explicit" label, and listen to this one when the kiddos aren't in the backseat :)
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Steve went from bricklayer to bouncer to building a business that makes people's dreams come true
- What "Bluefishing" is
- Digging deeper to find your customers' true motivation
- The one thing Artificial Intelligence can't replace
- Why it's often better to remove – rather than solve – problems in your business
- How to chase your own dreams, not someone else's
- Why social media "influencer culture" often leave you feeling empty and unhappy
- Stories of working with clients ranging from Elon Musk to The Pope
Links from the Show
Click here to check the full notes: http://biggerpockets.com/show409